THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT HAND SANITIZERS:
As H1N1 panic begins to boil again, here are a few facts about effective prevention ...
• Alcohol-based hand sanitizers have been proven more effective than plain soap & water in preventing the transmission of bacteria via hands.
• Your hands also tend to stay cleaner longer after using a hand sanitizer.
• Effective hand sanitizers should contain between 60-and-80% alcohol.
• The idea that frequent use of hand sanitizers will make bacteria resistant to treatment is bogus.
• Hand sanitizers are easier on skin than soap because most now contain skin conditioners.
• To use a hand sanitizer effectively, first make sure your hands are free of visible grime & dirt.
• To be effective, sanitizer needs to be rubbed in vigorously for 30 seconds, until hands are dry.
• Never rinse hands with water or wipe with a towel afterward as it counteracts the effectiveness.
– Condensed from BestHealthMag.ca