Friday, October 29, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
It plays FRIDAY @ 5p with Zack, and Sunday @ 12noon with Mastermind
DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - Nightmare on My Street
George Michael - Faith
Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
Star Wars Imperial March
Taio Cruz - Ghostbusters vs. Dynamite
Justin Timberlake - SexyBusters
2 Unlimited - TwilightBack
Rihanna - Disturbia
Halloween Movie Theme vs the Crypt
Deadmau5 vs Metallica - Ghosts n Sandman
Pitbull - I Know you Want Nightmare
Oingo Boingo - Weird Science
Usher - GhostUshers
Shakira - Ghostbust a SheWolf
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Monday, August 23, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
The Calgary Stampede Parade Committee is proud to recognize the following award winners at this year’s parade.
Best Overall Entry: United Calgary Chinese Association
Best Western Entry: Heritage Park Historical Village and Gasoline Alley Museum
Most Creative Entry: Royal Tyrell Museum
Best Corporate Entry: Air Canada
Best Business or Non-Profit Entry: Calgary Board of Education 125th Anniversary
Best Cultural Entry: United Calgary Chinese Association
Best Municipal Entry: Penticton Peach Festival
Best Horse Entry: Le Carnaval de Quebec
Celebrities Choice Award, presented by John Kucera: Air Canada
Best Overall Band: Bishop Grandin Marching Ghosts
Best Canadian Band: Bishop Grandin Marching Ghosts
Best Senior Band: Bishop Grandin Marching Ghosts
Best Junior Band: Calgary Round-Up Band
Best Auxiliary Band: Calgary Round-Up Band
Best Pipe Band: Calgary Police Service Pipe Band
Thursday, July 8, 2010
1 1/2 tablespoon(s) fresh gingerroot, peeled
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic, minced
2/3 cup(s) canola oil
1/3 cup(s) rice vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoon(s) toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup(s) water
2 tablespoon(s) honey
1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
1 store-bought rotisserie chicken
1 large ripe mango, halved, pitted, and diced
1 large seeless cucumber, quartered lengthwise, cut into chunks
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
8 cup(s) mixed salad greens
lime wedges, for garnish
Dressing: Combine the sesame-soy dressing ingredients in a 2-cup jar; cover jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well to dissolve the honey. Store covered in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Salad: Remove skin and bones from rotisserie chicken and pull into long shreds. Toss chicken in a large bowl with mango, cucumber, red onion, and salt. Add 1/2 cup of dressing and toss to lightly coat. Serve chicken salad over watercress or mixed greens. Garnish with lime wedges.
Asian Chicken and Mango Salad
1/2 seedless cucumber, chopped
1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
1 shallot , chopped
2 tablespoon(s) plain yogurt
2 tablespoon(s) fresh mint
1 sprig(s) fresh mint
4 teaspoon(s) fresh lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
1 radish, chopped
Place the cucumber, avocado, shallot, yogurt, 2 tablespoons mint, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, and 1 cup cold water in a blender, and process until smooth.
Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve garnished with the radish and remaining mint leaves.
Cold Avocado Soup
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
By Jason English, Mental Floss
Many famous fictional characters are known only as their nicknames
Cap'n Crunch's full name is Captain Horatio Magellan Crunch
Wizard of Oz: Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs
On Entourage, Turtle's real name is Salvatore Assante
(Mental Floss) -- You know the characters, but you might not know their full names. Store these away for future trivia nights.
1. Did you know the Comic Book Guy on "The Simpsons" has a name? It's Jeff Albertson. But that wasn't the decision of creator Matt Groening.
"I was out of the room when [the writers] named him," he told MTV in 2007. "In my mind, 'Louis Lane' was his name, and he was obsessed and tormented by Lois Lane."
2. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts. (Ken's last name is Carson.)
3. Cap'n Crunch's full name is Captain Horatio Magellan Crunch. His ship is the S.S. Guppy.
4. In the Peanuts comic strip, Peppermint Patty's real name is Patricia Reichardt
5. Snuffleupagus has a first name -- Aloysius. Want more Snuffleupagus trivia? In a Sesame Street scene that never aired, Snuffy's parents announced they were separating. But in testing, children were too devastated by the news, so the idea was scrapped.
6. The Wizard of Oz rolls off the tongue a lot easier than the man behind the curtain's full name, Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs. From Frank Baum's Dorothy And the Wizard in Oz:
"It was a dreadfully long name to weigh down a poor innocent child, and one of the hardest lessons I ever learned was to remember my own name. When I grew up I just called myself O.Z., because the other initials were P-I-N-H-E-A-D; and that spelled 'pinhead,' which was a reflection on my intelligence."
7. Mr. Clean has a seldom-used first name -- "Veritably." The name came from a "Give Mr. Clean a First Name" promotion in 1962.
8. In a deleted scene in the 2006 Curious George movie, The Man With the Yellow Hat's full name was revealed as Ted Shackleford. (Since the scene was deleted, perhaps the last name doesn't count.)
9. The real name of Monopoly mascot Rich Uncle Pennybags is Milburn Pennybags.
10. The policeman in Monopoly has a name, too. You can thank Officer Edgar Mallory the next time he sends you to jail.
11. On Night Court, Nostradamus Shannon was better known as Bull.
12. On Entourage, Turtle's real name is Salvatore Assante.
13. Sesame Street'sresident game show host Guy Smiley was using a pseudonym all these years. He was born Bernie Liederkrantz.
14. The Michelin Man's name is Bibendum.
15. On Gilligan's Island, Jonas Grumby was simply called The Skipper.
16. The Professor was Roy Hinkley.
18. The Pillsbury Doughboy's name is Poppin' Fresh. He has a wife, Poppie Fresh, and two kids, Popper and Bun Bun.
20. The true identity of The Lone Ranger was John Reid.
21. MacGyver's first name? Angus.
22 & 23. OK, these last two aren't fictional, but just in case it comes up, Bono was born Paul David Hewson, and The Edge's name is David Howell Evans.
Monday, June 7, 2010
See, I'd just build it wrong, and then say that I meant to do it...
This amazing tower in United Arab Emirates is the "leaniest" tower in the world. read on...
(CNN) -- Chalk another record to the United Arab Emirates' collection.
The Capital Gate building in the desert kingdom's capital, Abu Dhabi, has been certified by Guinness World Records as the "World's Furthest Leaning Man-made Tower."
How far does it lean? Nearly five times farther than the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy.
The 35-story Abu Dhabi building has an 18-degree slope, compared with four degrees for the freestanding bell tower.
But unlike the tower in Pisa, the Capital Gate building has been deliberately engineered to slant.
"It is a signature building which speaks to the foresight of the emirate," said Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon al Nahyan, the chairman of the building's owner, Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company.
More CNN news in Arabic
The mixed-use building will be ready for occupancy at the end of the year. It is featured in a new National Geographic documentary, called "Megastructures."
In January, Dubai -- one of seven emirates that make up the UAE -- unveiled the world's tallest skyscraper: the $1.5 billion, 160-story Burj Khalifa, which has a height of more than 800 meters (2,625 ft).
Link to FULL ARTICLE ON CNN
Thursday, June 3, 2010
IfItWasMyHome.com - Visualizing the BP Oil Disaster