Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Daddy Got a Pedicure

So, my Dad got a Pedicure. There, I said it! My Dad got a Pedicure. Big Jim... Papa.. and his feet. I think I'm only bothered because it makes me realize that I've never had one! Not that there is anything WRONG with that?! Are they really that great? I think I'm jealous.

Sure enough, there is a story from my friend Jocelyn Laidlaw on CTV Calgary tonight about a spa that lets fish eat the dead skin off your feet. Thanks Joc for sharing your story! Here's how it goes.

A STORY ABOUT A NEW TYPE OF PEDICURE. IT INVOLVES FLESH EATING FISH... THE LITTLE FISH ARE VERY GENTLE...IN FACT SOME PEOPLE SAY IT TICKLES...

THE FISH ARE GARRA RUFA FISH OR DOCTOR FISH AND THEY EAT THE DEAD SKIN OFF YOUR FEET.
IT SOUNDS A BIT DISGUSTING TO SAY THE LEAST...AND DERMATOLOGISTS AREN'T SO WORRIED ABOUT THE FISH AS THEY ARE ABOUT THE FACILITIES. THE SALON KEEPS 10-THOUSAND FISH IN A LARGE POOL - THE OWNERS SAY EACH CUSTOMER GETS FRESH WATER... AND A FRESH BATCH OF HUNGRY FISH.

OK - time for ZeeMAN to get a Pedicure, anyone have any suggestions of where I should go? Well Dad, you always wanted me to follow in your footsteps and make you proud. Here it is, your dream come true... only it's not your footsteps. It's your bubbly foot bath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zack, are you "fishing" for a free Pedicure? LOL! If you are its funny!!!!