Monday, September 22, 2008

Your happy place

My Bride really is the best thing that has ever happened to me. But where did my happy place go? I had lost it. I think it was the periodic careless days of watching "whatever" on the TV... or going out for dinner with friends. Now that family life really does dictate My Bride's and my EVERY move... the happy place has vanished. I think I found it though.

We bought a hot tub, and last night, Cheryl and I sat and bubbled away while it rained (really heavy rain too!!) I think we found the place again.

You see, the place doesn't have to be anything at all. It can be Yoga.. driving.. a walk with your pooch. But, it really needs to be there. 5 minutes of ME.

How's your belly? Ok.. that sounds absolutely disconnected from the Me place, doesn't it? But it's not. Stress is a huge part of our lives, but do you manage it? Are you part of the problem, or part of the solution? My #1 is my family... that's stressful, then my radio station and show. Then there is my business, websites, DJing, and other stuff. So stress is real for me, as it probably is for you too.

In my quest for Abs by Maui, Rod from Spiritfitness and I talked about stress, and it's direct correlation with your mid section. We've begun the 100 day challenge, to train from a distance with Rod and look fit for Maui. It is about life changes, more than anything. You need to make time to work out, you need to ACTUALLY show up to work out. You need to drop the fast food from your diet, and eat RIGHT... and at the RIGHT TIME. But just as much as all that, you need your ME time. Drop the stress, and the workouts will move so much better. Maybe your workout can be your ME time... there, 2 bird solution. You've wanted to "clean things up", make small changes each day. Each decision you make gets you a step closer to a better balanced life. Including stress management. And Rod has helped me get there. Except for the changes he's requested to his website, spiritfitness.ca. Which I haven't done yet Rod.. sorry. I was in my hot tub. :) Hey, you told me to do it!

FYI - Rod, I hate lunges. You and I are fighting now. :) At least until I can walk up a flight of stairs again.

No comments: