Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grub-update

Is it possible for a Baker to go on a diet? I mean, it could be professional suicide.

Anyway, here's my effort to be transparent through that, as I'm not alone in trying to get fit... eat a little better and be a parent that is employed. That's where the hangup is. LIFE HAPPENS. And my friend Rod from Spirit Fitness and I are trying to come to a common ground. Rod gives me the idea scenario and plan, and I get as close as possible to it.

In my case, it's more about being committed (definite should be committed! Look out Ponoka!) and dedicated. And Rod is understanding that LIFE HAPPENS. The fact that I try to run a small business each day makes this tough enough.

OK, this isn't me complaining... just trying to relate to you. My schedule is different that yours, your job might start at different times of the day and your kids might be older and you're running to hockey and ball at night time. Regardless, we're busy. That is what I mean.

I challenge you to write down everything you eat in a day. It will shock you and make you aware how crappy our food can get. It's about making smarter decisions. And my weight is up... nuts.

Today - 200lbs on the nose.
Workout - Dug a hole for my new hot tub (comes Thursday!) About 3 hours of heavy lifting and breathing
Food (I'm trying to spread out my meals right now)
2 slices Multi grain toast with Peanut Butter. Coffee with milk @ 9a
turkey/spinach sandwich on multi grain @ 1p
1/2 liter of water
1 small slice of Freeway's Birthday Cake @ 3p
turkey/spinach sandwich on multi grain @ 4p
1/2 litre of water
Prime Rib with mashed potatoes @ 6p
And, I will have a glass of red wine watching Big Brother tonight.

Rod will post his thoughts and corrections to the day soon. Add your own comment/question for Rod too if you like!

No comments: