Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Thank You from Stampeders Kicker Sandro De'Angelis






Courtesy of calgaryherald.com (home of wicked Calgary blogs!)

I didn’t sleep much Sunday night; in fact, I starting writing this blog in the wee hours of the morning, a lot earlier than normal.
I have so many things running through my head, so many questions that I wish I had answers to. This season was not supposed to turn out this way, not with this team, not with this talent. I honestly thought we would win back-to-back championships.
I couldn’t wait to see the way this city would respond to having its team playing for the Grey Cup at home. I used to day dream about seeing McMahon packed with 45,000 dressed in red, the noise, the excitement, the drama. Opportunities like this do not come around very often. We are privileged to be in the position we are in as pro athletes and quite frankly, we didn’t get it done. There are no more “re-dos” or “get ’em next week”; we’ll never know just how special it could have been.
The 2009 football season was very difficult. We worked extremely hard, and I feel like we did the little things that it takes to win. I thought we battled through a lot of adversity and showed flashes of dominance. Many different guys played through injuries, gritting their teeth to do what was best for the team. We just couldn’t find the consistent groove we needed to get the job done in the end. Like I stated earlier, I wish I had the answers because this wasn’t the way it was supposed to end!
I want to dedicate the rest of this blog to our FANS and say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. There are so many things you could spend your hard-earned money on, yet you choose to support us. That support means the world to us players and I want you all to know that. A loss like this is not only hurtful to us players for personal reasons, but it also hurts because we disappointed you. So once again I say Thank You and hopefully 2010 will bring better results!

Sincerely,

Sandro

No comments: